10.02.2008

the results

first of all, thank you to all those who responded to my cry for help! it was much appreciated. i thought since this was something that all of us could benefit from i'd share 2 websites that 2 friends, anne and debbie, shared with me. they have helped me so much and i think you'll really like the practical, sound advice on cooking for families.

1. everydayfoodstorage.blogspot.com
2. enlightenedhomemaker.blogspot.com

Another thing i've found that has helped with my boys is some rules. I've been a little more strict in when and what my boys get for snacks and the rules we have at the dinner table. I don't expect my boys to clean their plates, but we do expect them to sit at the table with us and try everything on their plate. And if they are still hungry after dinner, they get their dinner back to finish. This seems like logical sense, but it's taken me a few months to 'see the light'. I suppose it wasn't so much the food i was cooking, it was more establishing rules and enforcing the rules that were lacking. I kept thinking it was easier to feed them foods i knew they would eat. i realize now i can fix anything and they will eventually eat it. life is much better now. thanks to all who have helped!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Annie,
I some how missed your last post. But I think you're absolutely correct in this post. You definitely have to have "table" rules...and the one about trying everything on your plate is a big one. It seems like if someone doesn't think they like something by the look of it then it's contagious at the table. We've really tried to work on this one more...it seems like it's a constant battle...but you manage. Good luck! BTW, I started another blog w/ just recipes. So far I just have all the recipes I'm using for October meals. I'll update it when I try new recipes and such. I'm posting your White Chicken Pizza recipe soon (as soon as I find it on my computer) ...our family likes your variation on pizza :) Hope you're all well. The new family pic and of you and dillon are adorable!

Heather said...

ANNIE,
Hey there...I was so excited to find your page on Brandi's page. You're family is beautiful...I didn't even know you had had kids yet, last I saw you was your reception. LOL
How are you?
Luv ya, Heather :)

Emily said...

Sounds like great advise. And I love your new family pictures! They turned out so well. You look beautiful!!

Jensen Family said...

Way to stick to your guns Annie! Love the family pics too--so great. Hope you have a happy happy anniversary! We still need to babysit your boys...maybe next week??? Love ya!

Jenner said...

i will have to check out those sites when it is not 1230in the am.
love the new family pics. you are looking so pretty and making me want to cut my hair short.

Jake said...

Your family pictures are cute. Looks like you guys had a good summer. Love ya.

Trisha said...

I'm so thankful for the blogging world that can keep us all up to date. So fun to see your pictures and family! We love you guys! Hope you'll check in on us too!

The Wach Family said...

I love the new family pictures and your haircut is so cute. I wish I could look good in short hair!!

Berrett's said...

k i LOVE the family pics on the side you got going on there...CUTE CUTE CUTE! Of course I have always known you would have a cute family...you are too cute not to! Good advice on the blog...i need to be better to about some "table" rules...good ideas!!!

love ya
tina