9.05.2008

happiness: knowing that summer is not over yet

well, my memory stick is full, so i guess it's time for some more updates.
a few weeks ago the boys and i went to bloomington lakes with dillon's family. he was on call, so he had to stay and work while we went and played. it was a beautiful day and very memorable:)




we have a great apple tree in the backyard and dillon decided to practice his BB gun skills with the boys. they loved it...to say the least. i especially loved their faces when trying to shoot. so funny.

this summer i took on a project to make a sandbox for the boys. it was educational and satisfying to come up with a plan, get all the materials (which took the longest) and finally make it happen...might i add without the help of my husband. i loved it and the boys LOVE to play in it.







for labor day weekend, we drove up to bozeman to be with ben and julie, callie and kate and josh and brittany (josh's girlfriend) and to be at Kate's baby blessing. (mom, dad and emily and kyle were in Alaska and couldn't make it.) kate is such a beautiful little girl. she is a very sweet and tender little spirit. we are so glad she is healthy and in our family. we had a great weekend and i had fun spending time with just my brothers and julie and brittany. dillon especially liked shooting bows and arrows. he's decided he wants to sell his rifle and buy a bow. good thing i started a new budget this month :) he also got creative with a plastic fork on the drive home. he is so much fun. i sure love him.









9 comments:

Debbie said...

All of it looks like so much fun! It's funny because just last night I told Jared I think Logan would really love a sandbox...but it was a hint for him to make one:) But now that I see your post I feel inspired that maybe I could do it myself!! I loved seeing the pictures of Ben and his cute family. So does he have TWO kids??Crazy!! I talked to Sarah a couple of weeks ago and she talked about her trip out there and said you guys had SO much fun! We decided we need to have some sort of reunion although it probably won't fit into any of our budgets or schedules any time soon - but ONE DAY it would be great!! Love ya!

Emily said...

We go to Bloomington lake during our Bear Lake reunions--so beautiful, so fun and usually so cold!

Tell Ben and his wife congrats--their daughter is cute!

I am so impressed with the sandbox--way to be creative and industrious! Where did you get your sand?

PS I love the Alison on your blog! (:

kathy said...

What a treat to stumble onto this blog! I love it when I accidentally find people that I know. I hope you won't mind if I link you on my blog, and peek at your family from time to time. By the way, this is Kathy Jones, formerly of Richmond. I took your wedding announcement pictures, and Sid is actually something like my 2nd cousin. My kids grew up in the ward with Dillon's family. Your boys are way cute, and it was really fun to find out what Dillon is doing these days!

Jenner said...

ok, way to go on the sandbox. dang girl, you've got skills. so fun to see pics of ben and julie's kate. how precious. and too bad you went to bloomington lakes and not bloomington, indiana!

A & E said...

i didn't know you made a sandbox! that's the coolest thing ever. i'm very impressed. so happy you could go up to bozeman again, everytime i see pics of it, i am so happy.

K said...

It looks like you guys are having a ton of fun finishing up summer. I can't believe how fast it changed from summer to fall like weather, cool mornings and evenings. I love fall but I miss summer already. Congrats on the sandbox. That will be hours of fun for your kids. Love seeing your little family growing up. Miss seeing you guys.

Kimberly Panter

Elise said...

Way to go on the sandbox! You are amazing as always! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun adventures this summer. I tagged you on my blog by-the-way. Don't feel obligated or anything because I know that they can be annoying, but it would be fun to see what you have to say!

Berrett's said...

hey hey! ok your kids are really really stinkin cute! good job on the sandbox AND that pic of you on the four wheeler...3 kids suits you well...(wink wink). haha Looks like you guys are having a good time!!

Miss ya!
Tina

The Wach Family said...

Love the pictures. Your kids get cuter and cuter. My family loves Bloomington Lake. I am actually the only kid that has never been there (given the fact that I am the only one of the 10 that didn't really grow up in Bear Lake). They went there this past summer and there was still SNOW!!